Looking for the best car & auto insurance in Calgary?
Rogers Insurance offers competitive auto insurance quotes for Calgary drivers. As an independent, employee-owned brokerage, we don’t work for any Calgary car insurance company – we work for you.
Having quality car insurance in Calgary is more important than ever. Whether you’re a daily commuter or only use your car to escape to the mountains on the weekend, your Calgary auto insurance helps protect you financially. Could you afford to replace your vehicle in the event of an accident? Could you afford substantial repairs after a storm? If you’re sued after an accident, could you pay the defence costs out of pocket?
Auto insurance helps Calgary drivers like you recover after an unexpected accident or disaster and protects your financial security. Read on to learn more about Calgary auto insurance or request a quote online, by phone, or at our Calgary office.
Coverage Options for Calgary Auto Insurance
Whether you’re shopping around for better rates or insuring a new vehicle, your coverage options are critical. Not all Calgary car insurance is equal – it’s important to balance your budget with the protection you need. Here’s an overview of the most common coverages:
- Third-Party Liability & Accident Benefits
- Emergency Service Expense
- Family Protection
- Rental Vehicles
- Loss of Use
Third-Party Liability & Accident Benefits
Mandatory in Alberta, third-party liability offers protection in the event a third party is injured or has their property damaged as a result of your actions behind the wheel. The accident benefits portion can also help cover healthcare and other expenses during a post-accident recovery period.
Keep in mind that this coverage only applies to third parties – people other than you that are involved in an incident. You’ll need to purchase additional insurance to repair or replace your own vehicle if you’re involved in an at-fault accident.
Third-party liability also has a limit. Rogers Insurance strongly recommends opting for a $2 million policy limit to better ensure you’re not paying out of pocket for an expensive accident lawsuit.
This type of Calgary car insurance can help repair or replace your vehicle if you’re involved in an accident. If you’re not at fault, the other driver’s insurance will usually cover this, however, if that driver is uninsured or you’re deemed to be at fault, you need this coverage to cover any costs relating to the repair or replacement of your car.
This Calgary auto insurance covers types of damage other than accidents; it can help you cover repairs or replacement of your vehicle due to damage such as fire, storms, and theft.
Emergency Service Expense
This coverage helps you cover towing and emergency service expenses if your vehicle is undrivable after an accident.
If another driver is underinsured, this coverage can help cover the gaps if you’re involved in an accident. It provides coverage for you, your spouse, or dependent family member.
This type of coverage extends your Calgary auto insurance to include rental vehicles (in specific countries). If you have this coverage, you may not need to purchase the rental agency’s insurance.
If your vehicle is involved in an insured claim, you can receive a certain amount of funds for public transit, taxis, or a rental vehicle to help you get around.
If you participate as a ride-sharing driver, your personal Calgary auto insurance will not cover you. You likely need a special add-on coverage or a commercial vehicle policy to ensure you’re better protected.
Other Calgary Car Insurance Options
There are three other main decisions you need to make for your Calgary auto insurance:
- Policy Limits – The maximum amount that will be paid out in the event of a covered claim. There can be separate limits for different areas of coverage – third-party liability and loss of use limits are different, for example.
- Deductible – This is the amount you pay before your Calgary auto insurance kicks in. The lower your deductible, the higher your premiums will be.
- Settlement Options – This is how the amount you will get in the event your car is deemed irreparable is determined (if you have collision/comprehensive coverage). There are three main types:
- Actual Cash Value – This is the market value of your vehicle (what you’d sell it for on Kijiji or the purchase value minus depreciation).
- Replacement Cost – This option will replace your vehicle for up to the value you’ve insured it for on the policy. This is not available for all vehicles.
- Guaranteed Replacement Cost – This option can replace your vehicle with a new one if it is under a certain number of years old. This is not available for all vehicles.
Keep in mind that the age of your vehicle influences which settlement options are available to you.
There are many more coverage choices for car owners. Discuss your needs with a Rogers Calgary car insurance broker to ensure you’re getting the right coverage. Our brokers will also do the research and price shopping for you, finding you competitive prices for your Calgary auto insurance.
Pricing for Auto Insurance in Calgary, AB
One of the biggest questions we get concerning auto insurance in Calgary is cost. How much will Calgary car insurance cost?
The answer depends on a number of factors:
- Your insurance and claims history.
- Your driving record.
- Your vehicle’s value, age, make, and model.
- Where you live.
- How you use and how much you drive your vehicle.
- Who drives your vehicle (and their driving record).
- Your demographics.
- Your coverage options.
Unfortunately, car insurance rates have been on the rise in Alberta thanks to rising accident expenses, insurance fraud, and increasing frequency of natural disasters. There are many uncontrollable influences on your Calgary car insurance rates. However, here are some tips to reduce your premiums:
- Practice safe driving.
- Install security devices.
- Try usage-based insurance.
- Opt for public transit or walking or biking for your commute, if that’s possible.
- Stay insured as gaps can raise your rates.
- Consider bundling your Calgary auto insurance with your home and other insurance products.
- Invest in winter tires.
- Take a drivers training course.
- Be aware of insurance fraud and scams.
- Don’t submit a claim if you can afford to fix the damage yourself.
- Review your insurance at least once per year with a good Calgary car insurance broker.
Why Choose Rogers as Your Calgary Car Insurance Brokers?
Why is Rogers the best auto insurance broker in Calgary? We are an independent, employee-owned brokerage that has been a trusted Calgary car insurance provider since 1977. We work with a large number of Calgary car insurance companies, allowing us to offer a choice in your coverage and competitive Calgary auto insurance quotes.
We believe in a hands-on, human-first approach to insurance. Our Calgary car insurance brokers are experienced and knowledgeable. As one of Alberta’s Top Employers, we prioritize continued professional development and positive workplace culture to ensure your customer service remains exceptional. Here are just a few things our brokers can do for you:
- Determine your car insurance needs in Calgary.
- Deliver competitive Calgary auto insurance quotes.
- Act as your advisor and insurance resource.
- Advocate on your behalf in the event of a claim.
We also offer all of our clients a 24/7 self-serve option through our online portal and mobile app. You can view the details of your car insurance policy, view and print your pink cards, request a policy change, submit a claim, and more.
You can request a Calgary car insurance quote online, by phone, or stop by our downtown office.