Aircraft & Aviation Insurance
Canadian Aviation Insurance for pilots, owners and businesses.
The Canadian aviation industry can be incredibly complex. It’s essential to work with an aviation insurance broker who can find you the right aircraft insurance. At Rogers Insurance, we offer a wide range of aviation insurance solutions. Whether you’re looking to insure your personal aircraft or your aviation business, our knowledge and market access will help you find the most comprehensive and affordable aircraft insurance available.
We’re members of Aviation Alberta and the Northern Air Transport Association and have aircraft insurance brokers dedicated to servicing our aviation accounts. We’ve paired industry expertise with a hands-on, human-first approach to insurance to deliver exceptional customer experience.
Contact us today to discuss your aviation insurance options. Request an aircraft insurance quote online, by phone, or in-person at one of our locations. Or you can read on to learn more about aviation insurance in Canada.
Areas We Serve
- Red Deer
- Fort McMurray
Types of Aviation Insurance in Canada
There are three main areas of coverage available in Canadian aviation insurance:
Aircraft liability insurance is essential, yet it is also the most complex. Generally, liability can cover costs if you cause injury or property damage to a third party. There are many options available depending on how you use your aircraft or if you fly multiple aircraft.
For example, you can get aviation liability insurance to cover damage to:
What Aircraft Insurance do I need?
Every aircraft that is registered or operated in Canada is required to have liability insurance that covers public liability and risks of injury or death to passengers. The amount of insurance required varies depending on the number of passengers and take-off weight. You must carry proof of this insurance on board. For more details, visit this section of the Canadian Aviation Regulations.
It’s important to understand that this required aircraft liability insurance will not cover damage to your aircraft nor
will it cover all damages caused to third parties by your aircraft. Furthermore, if you’re operating a business you’ll
also require business insurance. Exactly what aviation and commercial insurance you’ll need will depend on the individual operation.
If you’re feeling a little overwhelmed, don’t worry. One of our experienced aircraft insurance brokers can help you determine your insurance needs, as well as deliver competitive aviation insurance quotes. We’re here to help you get the right coverage for an affordable price – plus we take care of the research and price shopping for you.
What’s covered by Aircraft Insurance?
Your coverage will depend on the aviation insurance that you purchase. Here are some common coverage options:
- Scheduled Aircraft Liability – can cover injury and property damage to third party caused by your aircraft operation of specific aircraft listed in your policy.
- Temporary Substitute Aircraft Liability – can extend third-party liability insurance to a temporary substitute aircraft (of a similar type to the one you’ve insured).
- Non-Owned Aircraft Liability & Damage – can extend third-party liability insurance and property damage to aircraft that you do not own. There are often limitations on the type and weight of the aircraft as well as the number of passengers on board (if it carried any).
- Hangar & Contents Liability – can cover damage to a hangar and its contents caused when operating an aircraft.
- Cargo & Personal Effects Liability – can cover damage and loss to cargo and personal effects carried by aircraft.
- Airport Premises Liability – can cover damage done to airportpremises when operating an aircraft.
- Sale of Aircraft, Parts or Services Liability – covers a seller of aircraft, parts or services in the event a third party experiences bodily injury or property damage.
- Public Liability – also known as third party liability insurance, offers coverage for any damage done to third party property including houses, cars, and other aircraft in the event of an accident.
- Passenger Liability Insurance – can help cover the cost of medical treatments for crew and passengers if they are injured while abroad your aircraft.
- Physical Damage – can help cover the cost of repair or replacement of your aircraft, its tools, and related equipment if they are damaged or destroyed. This can be purchased for ground risks only (in motion or not in motion) as well as in-flight risks.
There are endless more coverage options available depending on the size of your aircraft, how you use it, where you fly, and if it is private or commercial. It’s best to talk to one of our aviation insurance brokers about your aircraft so they can help you determine exactly what coverage you need.
As with any type of insurance, there are some exclusions to aircraft insurance:
In some cases, you can purchase special coverage that will protect you from these risks. Talk to one of our aviation insurance brokers for more details. All aviation insurance has policy limits – the maximum amount that is paid out in the event of a covered loss. Often, you can choose your policy limits. Our aircraft insurance brokers can help you choose the right policy limits for your needs and budget.
If you make a claim and the insurer determines it’s covered, you’ll need to pay a deductible before your insurance kicks in. This amount varies. Generally, the lower it is, the more expensive your premiums will be.
How much does Aircraft Insurance cost?
Canadian aircraft insurance premiums depend on a number of factors:
- The size, type, make, model, age and value of your aircraft(s)
- The take-off weight
- How you use your aircraft (private, business, commercial for passengers or cargo)
- Your cargo
- Where you fly, how often you fly, and how far you fly
- Where your aircraft is stored and how it is stored
- Your coverage options
- Your policy limits
- Your deductible
- Your insurance and claims history
A Rogers aviation insurance broker can help balance your budget with your coverage needs. Because we work with so many markets, we’re able to offer more competitive aviation insurance quotes.
The best Canadian Aviation Insurance brokers
Working with Rogers Insurance is your best option when it comes to Canadian aviation insurance. As one of Canada’s leading independent insurance brokerages, Rogers Insurance has access to a large number of aircraft insurance markets. This means we can deliver competitive aircraft and aviation insurance quotes. We’re also able to advise you on the coverage you need as well as help you balance it with your budget.
Contact us today for more information about aircraft insurance or to request an aviation insurance quote online, by phone, or at one of our offices.