Looking for Home Insurance Quotes in Red Deer?
Since we’re 100% independent, employee-owned insurance brokerage, Rogers Insurance can offer truly competitive Red Deer home insurance quotes. We’ve been trusted home insurance brokers in Red Deer for decades. Visit our Red Deer office, give us a call, or request a home insurance quote online.
Red Deer is a great place to live – it’s got all the amenities you need without being too crazy. There’s also access to fantastic nature to spend your time in. But living in Red Deer has its challenges, particularly when it comes to the weather.
That’s where a Red Deer home insurance policy comes in. Help ease the financial burden of an unexpected event and protect your home and belongings. If you’re not sure where to start, keep reading or let one of our Red Deer home insurance brokers give you a hand.
Red Deer Home Insurance
A home can be many things. It can be a sanctuary away from work and any other stresses in your life, it can just be somewhere to go back to at the end of the day, and it can be where you see your family grow. Home insurance in Red Deer can help you protect your home and your long-term financial health.
There are three main areas of coverage for Red Deer home insurance:
- Third-Party Liability – can provide coverage in the event someone is injured or has their property damaged while visiting your home.
- Property Damage – covers a variety of perils that can cause damage to your home and possessions. Helps you rebuild and recover after an unexpected event.
- Additional Living Expenses – can provide help with making up the difference in your living expenses after you’re forced to temporarily relocate due to a mandatory evacuation or covered claim.
Many insurers also offer coverage for identity theft, lock replacement, and spoilt food. Home insurance in Red Deer is often very customizable and each insurance company has different add-on options, too. Getting help from an insurance broker means you can get the most out of your Red Deer home insurance. Quotes are also helpful if you want to compare with your current rates.
Remember that each area of coverage has a policy limit – this is the maximum amount that will be paid out in the event of a covered claim. You also need to decide on a settlement option: replacement cost or actual cash value. Replacement cost means you’ll receive the value of an item if you were to go out to buy it today, or one of similar make and quality. Actual cash value is the market value, or original purchase price minus depreciation.
Generally, most Red Deer home insurance policies can help you recover after damage from these perils:
- Fire (including wildfire)
- Wind (including tornadoes)
- Falling objects
- Sewer backup *
- Overland water (flood) *
- Earthquakes *
Those marked with an asterisk require the purchase of add-on coverage. These are called endorsements in insurance lingo. The above also isn’t a comprehensive list, which may vary depending on your insurer and coverage options.
It’s important to note that damage caused by a lack of maintenance is not covered by the majority of policies. Understanding what is and what isn’t covered is essential and a Red Deer home insurance broker can help.
How Are Red Deer Home Insurance Rates Calculated?
Understanding how your rates are determined helps make sense of your insurance premiums and can better inform your decisions. You may also get insight on how to lower your costs! Unfortunately, not all factors are within your control.
Here are some factors that impact your Red Deer home insurance premiums:
- Your home’s location. This determines how far you are from fire services, how close you are to risks such as bodies of water, the claim and crime rate of your neighbourhood, and the frequency of natural disasters in your area. Unfortunately, most of these are outside of your area of control.
- The type of home you have. Such as detached, semi-detached, row, et cetera.
- The construction of your home. Certain materials are more likely to suffer damage than others. For example, a concrete home is more sturdy than a wood one with siding.
- The age of your home. An older home is more likely to have issues unless it has been upgraded. Counter to that, a new home could be more expensive to rebuild.
- The type and age of your roof. Your roof is one of your main defences against weather – a very common home insurance claim in Red Deer. Some insurers will not offer coverage for a roof that’s over a certain age. Damage-resistant roofs can get you lower rates.
- The type and age of your home’s systems. This includes electrical, heating, plumbing and more. Generally, the older it is, the more likely that it will cause damage. Certain heating systems (such as a wood-burning stove) are also considered riskier.
- Renovations or additions. These can increase your home’s value and will add to the replacement cost should something happen to your home. However, improvements can also benefit you when it comes to your insurance.
- Your home’s alarm and damage prevention systems. Things like burglar alarms, security lighting, cameras, smoke detectors, backup valves, sump pumps and water alarms can all help lower your premiums.
- Your coverage options. The endorsements, policy limits, settlement option, and deductible all contribute to the final price of your Red Deer home insurance quote or policy.
Many insurance companies offer discounts, such as when you bundle your insurance or have damage prevention devices. Ask your broker about what discounts are available to you when you request a Red Deer home insurance quote.
Why Rogers Insurance is the Best Home Insurance Broker in Red Deer
Why should you choose Rogers insurance to be your home insurance broker? Red Deer homeowners know that purchasing a new home is exciting – but it can be stressful and it is not often that insurance is considered the fun part. A Rogers insurance broker can help simplify the process for you. They take care of the research and price shopping, plus they have experience and industry knowledge to help you make informed decisions. Here’s what they can do for you:
- Help you determine your home insurance needs.
- Deliver competitive home insurance quotes for Red Deer.
- Advise you on your insurance and act as your resource.
- Advocate for you in the event of a claim.
Because Rogers Insurance is independent and employee-owned, you can trust we’re working for you – not an insurance company. In fact, we work with a large number of insurance companies. This means you get choice with your coverage and competitive Red Deer home insurance quotes.
Founded in Alberta in 1977, Rogers Insurance has been a trusted home insurance broker for over 40 years. Rogers has maintained the highest industry standards and provides clients with first-rate service. Our employees are some of the best out there in the insurance industry and we believe that our human-first approach to insurance benefits our employees and you.
We’re here to help in finding you competitive home insurance quotes. Red Deer homeowners don’t need to worry with Rogers Insurance – we’re here for you.