We understand you're busy but if you give us your information we’ll contact you
We understand you're busy, but if you give us your information we’ll contact you with a collector cars insurance quote.
Your classic or collector vehicle is special – it isn’t like a regular car, so why should it be insured like one? At Rogers Insurance, we understand that the value of a collector vehicle goes far beyond the purchase price. We can help you protect your passion with specialized coverage.
Why Rogers? We offer:
- Exceptional customer service
- Free, competitive classic and collector car insurance quotes
- Experienced, knowledgeable classic car insurance brokers
- Unparalleled claims experience
- Customized coverage for your classic or collector vehicle
Contact one of our collector car insurance brokers today for more information or a quote for your classic vehicle.
What does classic and collector car insurance cover?
Classic and collector car insurance can cover:
- Third-party liability
- Accident benefits
- Uninsured motorist and family protection
- Your vehicle under restoration
- Specialty roadside service
- Specialized claims
Your coverage will depend on your individual policy options and the insurance company. Work with one of our classic car insurance brokers to ensure you have the right protection for your vehicle.
What is the difference between classic or collector car insurance and regular car insurance?
Classic and collector car insurance is different than regular car insurance because it generally has:
- Lower insurance rates
- No fixed mileage
- Guaranteed or agreed on value coverage (no depreciation of your vehicle)
- Option to repair your vehicle yourself
- Protection for a vehicle under restoration
There may be additional differences, depending on your individual policy and insurer. However, as classic and collector vehicles are very different from regular cars, specialized insurance coverage is a much better option.
What cars qualify for classic or collector car insurance?
To qualify for classic or collector car insurance, your vehicle must be:
- Built in 1979 or older
- Built in 1980 or newer if it is a special or limited edition, supercar, or special import
- Have a minimum value (depending on the category of the vehicle)
- Be in a certain level condition (depending on the category of the vehicle)
- Not a daily driver or commuting vehicle
- Not be used for camping, business, racing or other timed events, or off-roading
There may be limitations on modifications and horsepower as well.
What cars don’t qualify for classic or collector car insurance?
Your vehicle may not qualify for classic or collector car insurance if it is:
- 1980 or newer
- Equipped with certain modifications (I.e. roll cages)
- Over 700 horsepower
- Used as a daily driver or commuter
- Used for business, racing, off-roading, or camping
- A replica
- In too poor condition
- Not worth the minimum value requirements
How old does a car need to be to qualify for classic car insurance?
A classic car is generally 1979 or older, however, this may depend on the insurance company.
How can a vehicle qualify for collector car insurance?
If a vehicle is newer than 1980, it may be eligible for collector car insurance if it is a special or limited edition, a special import, or a supercar. There may be minimum value and condition requirements.
What is the best insurance for classic or collector cars?
The best insurance for classic or collector cars includes agreed on or guaranteed value coverage. Regular cars depreciate, but classic or collector cars may not (and may be more valuable than their purchase price) and the insurance coverage should reflect that.
Like a regular car, you should also have third party liability, accident benefits, uninsured motorist and family protection to ensure you’re covered in the event of an accident. Collision coverage will cover your own vehicle if it’s involved in an at-fault accident and comprehensive protection will help if your car is stolen or damaged by something like a fire, storm, or flood.
How much does it cost to insure a collector or classic car?
Generally, it costs far less to insure a collector or classic car than a regular vehicle. The cost of insuring a classic or collector vehicle is usually between $250 and $1500 a year. Of course, your price will depend on your individual policy, driving record, vehicle, and the insurance company.
Is it cheaper to insure a collector or classic car?
Yes, it is generally cheaper to insure a classic or collector car (especially with a specialty policy).
Why is classic car insurance so cheap?
Classic and collector car insurance is usually cheaper than regular car insurance for a few reasons, including:
- Fewer kilometres are driven
- Better vehicle storage
- Not used daily or as a commuting vehicle
- Usually only driven during good weather
- Drivers tend to be more experienced
How to Get a Classic or Collector Car Insurance Quote
Contact us for a free classic or collector car insurance quote. You can:
- Submit a form online
- Stop by one of our offices
A classic and collector car insurance broker will ask you questions about the vehicle in order to get you an accurate classic or collector car insurance quote. You will also be asked about where you live, your insurance history, and driving record as well.
What do you need to get a classic or collector car insurance quote?
In order to get an accurate classic or collector car insurance quote, you will be asked for:
- Your address
- The make, model, year and VIN of the vehicle
- How you use the vehicle
- The value of the vehicle (bill of sale or market value)
- Your driver’s license number
You may be asked additional questions as well.
Are there any driver qualifications for classic or collector car insurance?
Yes, most insurers require all drivers to have had their license a certain number of years and have no serious infractions (including driving under the influence, racing, or reckless driving tickets).
Depending on the insurance company, you may be asked to provide proof of a regular-use vehicle.
What affects the cost of classic and collector car insurance?
The following factors affect the cost of classic and collector car insurance:
- The vehicle’s make, model and year
- The value of the vehicle
- If the vehicle is modified, and if so, what those modifications are
- The horsepower of the vehicle
- How the vehicle is stored
- How the vehicle is used
- How many kilometres the vehicle is driven each year
- The claim rate of your area
- The crime rate of your area
- Your insurance history
- Your driving record
- Your insurance options including coverage, deductible, and policy limits
Do I need classic or collector car insurance?
Classic or collector car insurance is a great idea if you own an eligible vehicle as you will get better coverage for lower rates.
If you plan to drive your vehicle, you will need the required minimum level of insurance in Alberta.
Why should I get my classic or collector car insurance with Rogers?
You should get your classic or collector car insurance with Rogers because:
- We’re independent. That means we work for you, not an insurance company.
- We’re experienced. Our classic and collector car insurance brokers have the knowledge you need.
- We offer competitive quotes for classic and collector car insurance.
- We’re renowned for our customer service. We believe in a human-first approach to insurance and pride ourselves on our hard-earned reputation for exceptional customer service.
Our classic and collector car insurance brokers are here to help you with anything insurance-related.