We understand you're busy but if you give us your information we’ll contact you
We understand you're busy, but if you give us your information we’ll contact you with a personal vehicle insurance quote.
Personal vehicle insurance can include coverage for:
- Cars, trucks and other automobiles
At Rogers Insurance, we offer affordable and flexible personal vehicle insurance. As a leading independent brokerage, we work for our customers, not for an insurance company. We also have access to a large number of markets, allowing us to deliver truly competitive personal vehicle insurance quotes.
We can help you get the protection you need when you’re on the road, the trail or the lake. Whether you’re looking for liability protection or comprehensive coverage, we can help you determine your needs, get you the best insurance, and balance it with your budget.
Get a personal vehicle insurance quote online, by phone, or at one of our locations. Or, read on to learn more about this type of insurance.
What is personal vehicle insurance?
Personal vehicle insurance is protection for all of your personal vehicles, including cars, trucks, motorcycles, motorhomes, boats, ATVs, snowmobiles and more. Available coverage depends on the type of vehicle you’re looking to insure. We’ll review these types of insurance below:
Automobile & Motorcycle Insurance
The most common type of personal vehicle insurance is for automobiles, including motorcycles. At Rogers, we offer a wide variety of protection. Here are some of your options:
- Third-Party Liability – this can help cover the costs associated with injuries or damage to others if you’re held responsible for an accident. This is mandatory coverage across Canada.
- Collision – this can cover the repairs or the replacement of your vehicle after an accident.
- Comprehensive – this can cover the repairs or the replacement of your vehicle after damage by certain events such as theft or a storm.
- Loss of Use – if your vehicle is involved in a covered claim, you can receive funds for public transit, taxis or a rental vehicle while it’s being repaired or the claim is settled.
- Ridesharing – If you drive for Uber, Lyft or another ridesharing company, your personal insurance often doesn’t protect you unless you have this add-on coverage.
- Rental Car – Extend your personal car insurance to cover rental cars with certain companies in certain countries.
- Loss Settlement Option – Depending on the age of your vehicle, you may have different loss settlement options. If your vehicle is irreparable after a covered claim, the loss settlement will determine what you will receive.
- Deductible – This is the amount you pay when you have a covered claim. The higher this number, the lower your premiums.
- Policy Limits – This is the maximum amount that will be paid by your personal vehicle insurance policy.
There are many more options when it comes to your insurance. Some companies also offer specialty coverage for motorcycles.Talk to one of our personal vehicle insurance brokers for more information or to get a quote today.
Motorhome insurance is similar to car insurance – which makes sense since it’s a vehicle you drive on the road. However, it’s also a home on wheels. Generally, this means your regular vehicle insurance should also include extended third liability protection and coverage for your personal belongings.
Specialty insurance for motorhomes can also include:
- Full-timers Coverage – for those who live in their motorhomes full-time, this coverage offers additional liability and contents protection.
- Snowbirding Coverage – if you head south to the US, this coverage will extend your protection south of the border.
- Emergency Vacation Expenses – if your trip gets interrupted by a covered claim, you can get funds to help you finish your vacation or cover costs while you wait for repairs.
- Roadside Assistance – motorhomes require specialty roadside assistance which is why many insurers offer this service as part of their insurance.
If you own a boat, boat insurance is a great way to protect yourself from the financial burden of having to repair or replace your boat or cover expenses relating to an injury or damage after an accident out of pocket. Boat insurance can cover:
- Third-Party Liability – can help cover the costs associated with injuries or damage to other people, boats, and other property while operating your boat.
- Collision – can help cover the costs of repairing or replacing your boat if it is damaged as a result of a collision.
- Comprehensive – can help cover the costs of repairing or replacing your boat if it is damaged by hazards other than an accident, such as a storm.
- Additional Equipment – can help cover specialty equipment such as for fishing.
- Wreck Recovery – can help cover the costs of recovering your boat if it sinks.
- Roadside Assistance – can help cover the costs of transporting a boat if it breaks down.
- Loss of Use – if your boat is undergoing repairs after an insured claim, you may receive funds to rent another boat or other form of transportation.
Most policies include coverage not only for your boat but also its equipment and personal effects on the boat. Some even cover storage buildings and trailers.
Many different types of boats can be protected, including yachts, fishing boats, pontoons, houseboats, powerboats, and sport boats.
Toy Insurance – ATVs, Snowmobiles and More
If you own an ATV, Snowmobile or another toy, you can protect it with specialty personal vehicle insurance. This can include:
- Third-Party Liability Insurance – covers expenses associated with injury or property damage to others as well as legal expenses if you’re sued.
- Collision – can help cover repairs or the replacement of your toy if it’s involved in a collision.
- Comprehensive – can help cover repairs or the replacement of your personal vehicle if it’s damaged by something like a storm or if it’s stolen.
There are more options depending on what toy you’re insuring. Liability coverage is often the most important aspect of this protection, as these personal vehicles can be risky to operate.
How much does personal vehicle insurance cost?
Your personal vehicle insurance premiums are determined by many different factors, including:
- The age, make and model of the vehicle you’re insuring
- Your insurance and claims history
- Your driving record
- Your demographics
- Your credit rating
- The value of the vehicle
- How you use the vehicle, including where, when, and for how long
- Where you live
- How and where the vehicle is stored
- Your insurance options including coverage, policy limits and the deductible
- Security or safety features
Many of these factors are out of your control, but that doesn’t mean you can’t do anything to lower your personal vehicle insurance rates. Here are a few suggestions:
- Take training courses, as some are recognized by insurers and will get you a discount
- Bundle your insurance policies with one insurer
- Install anti-theft or additional safety features
- Safely store the vehicle
- Stay insured and pay on time
- Pay up for the year upfront
Review your coverage with a personal vehicle insurance broker at least once a year to ensure it’s the right coverage for you and your budget.
If you’re interested in seeing how much personal vehicle insurance will cost, request a quote online, by phone, or at one of our offices.
Commercial Vehicle vs Personal Vehicle Insurance
You might be unsure what type of insurance you may require when it comes to your personal vehicle. You may need commercial vehicle insurance if you use your personal vehicle for the following circumstances:
- You drive your personal vehicle for work purposes.
- You transport colleagues, employees, or work materials in your personal vehicle.
- Your personal vehicle is registered to a company.
- You use your personal vehicle for ridesharing.
- You allow employees to operate your personal vehicle.
Talk to a personal vehicle insurance broker if you’re not sure if you should have a commercial policy.
Work with the Best Personal Vehicle Insurance Brokers
Rogers Insurance has been a trusted personal vehicle insurance broker since 1977. As one of the leading independent insurance brokerages in Canada, we offer exceptional customer service as well as affordable and flexible personal vehicle insurance. We work for you, not an insurance company. In fact, we have access to a large number of markets which allows us to get you truly competitive personal vehicle insurance quotes.
We believe in a hands-on, human-first approach to insurance. You’ll notice the difference with our brokers. They’re professional, experienced, and experts when it comes to insurance. They can help you:
- Determine your insurance needs.
- Do your price shopping for you and deliver personal vehicle insurance quotes.
- Advise you and act as your insurance and risk mitigation resource.
- Advocate on your behalf during a claim and help you through the process.
We also offer a 24/7 self-serve option through our online portal and mobile phone app. You can view your policy documents, download and print your pink card, request a change, submit a claim, and more. You can manage your insurance when and where it’s convenient for you.
Get started today by filling out a contact form and we will get back to you at a time that works best for you. We offer personal vehicle insurance quotes online, by phone, or in-person – it’s your choice.