Life & Health Benefits
Let’s drill down to what you really need
Life & health benefits insurance help reduce the financial burden due to death, illness or injury. While provincial health or a private plan may cover many health expenses, there are still many expenses you may be left covering, like medical bills while you’re travelling, supplemental or preventative medicine, prescription medications, and more. Furthermore, if you suffer a critical illness, become disabled, or die, life & health benefits insurance can help provide for your family or cover other expenses while you recover.
We offer a wide range of personal life & health benefit insurance products to help protect you and your loved ones, including:
- Travel Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Mortgage Insurance
- Extended Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Prescription, et cetera)
As one of Canada’s largest independent brokerages, we have access to many life & health benefits insurance providers. We can customize a plan for your unique needs.
What is Life & Health Benefits Insurance?
Life and health benefit insurance can help:
- Reduce the financial impact of a critical illness or disability
- Cover routine, preventative and extra medical expenses not covered by provincial health care
- Help your family financially should you pass away
- Recoup your costs for a cancelled or interrupted vacation
Do I need life & health benefits insurance?
Provincial health care does not cover all medical expenses. Your employer may provide some benefits, but many don’t offer full life and health benefits. You should consider this coverage if you:
- Do not have employer-provided life & health benefits
- Have only limited employer-provided life & health benefits
- Want to reduce the financial burden of your death, injury or illness on your family
- Want to take care of routine and preventative medical and dental expenses
We recommend a customized plan to fit your individual situation.
What is covered by life & health benefits insurance?
There are many different life and health benefit insurance products. Here is a short explanation of each:
- Life Insurance provides a sum to a beneficiary should you pass away. There are a few different types of life insurance, so talk to a Rogers life and health benefits insurance broker to choose the right one for your situation.
- Critical Illness Insurance provides a sum to help with expenses if you become critically ill.
- Disability Insurance provides a reduced monthly income for a particular period of time if you’re unable to work following an illness or injury.
- Travel Insurance can help cover a medical emergency abroad or recoup your financial losses if you need to cancel a trip or head home early due to something unexpected.
- Extended Medical Insurance can help cover medical costs not covered by provincial health care.
- Dental Insurance can help cover routine and emergency dental care expenses.
Exactly what’s covered will depend on your individual policy. Your life and health benefits insurance broker will be able to help explain your coverage.
How much does life & health benefits insurance cost?
The cost of life and health benefits insurance will vary depending on which coverages you have and your individual risk factors.
Choose Rogers Insurance for Your Personal Life & Health Benefits
When one of our life and health benefits brokers works with you, they:
- Negotiate on your behalf, not on behalf of the insurance company
- Identify exactly what your needs really are
- Find our clients the best insurance protection for the best value
- When it comes time to make a claim, we will do whatever we can to be your advocate and help get you what you need
Get a personal life and health benefits insurance quote today or call to talk to one of our experienced advisors.