Fort McMurray Insurance for All of Your Personal and Business Needs
We’re open for business
Our commitment to serving you remains our top priority. We continue to operate with some of our employees working from our office while others are working from home:
If you’d like to meet with your Fort McMurray insurance broker, we ask that you call in advance to set-up an appointment. This will ensure your broker is in the office on the day you plan to visit.
- Please use phone, email or online for everyday transactions.
- When possible, we encourage meetings with your broker to be via video conference
- Our office reception is open to handle simple transactions. This includes:
- Pick-up and drop-off of documents
- Providing pink cards
Fort McMurray is known as the base for the oil sands but its also home to over 80,000 people and 5000 businesses. Surrounded by beautiful boreal forest, this tough community has weathered extreme circumstances from frigid winters to wildfires. Insurance helps Fort McMurray residents protect their businesses, homes, cars, and other assets. It can help reduce the financial burden after a natural disaster or unexpected event.
Rogers Insurance has been a trusted insurance broker in Fort McMurray and the surrounding province of Alberta since 1977. As a full-service brokerage, we can help you with all your requirements for insurance in Fort McMurray and across Canada. We’re an independent, employee-owned brokerage, too, which means we work for you and not an insurance company. We have access to nearly 100 insurance markets so that we can deliver competitive Fort McMurray insurance quotes and find you the coverage that fits your needs and budget.
We believe in a hands-on, human-first approach to insurance. Fort McMurray residents and professionals will always be satisfied with our service. You’ll notice the difference right from the start – get in touch with us online, by phone, or stop by our office in Fort McMurray.
Home, Condo and Renter’s Insurance in Fort McMurray
Whether you own or rent, your home is one of the most important places to protect. Home, condo and renter’s insurance can help you recover after a disaster and includes three main areas of coverage:
- Liability– can offer protection if someone is hurt or has their stuff damaged while visiting your home.
- Property Damage – may help you recover after your home and belongings are damaged or destroyed.
- Additional Living Expenses – can provide help covering additional expenses if you are forced from your home due to an insured claim or a mandatory evacuation.
The biggest difference between home insurance and condo and renter’s insurance is that a home insurance policy covers the structure while that’s covered by the condo master or your landlord’s policy. If you rent or own a condo, it’s important to know that your personal belongings such as your furniture, clothes, and electronics wouldn’t be covered by your master condo or landlord’s insurance. You’ll need your own policy to be protected.
There are many options when it comes to home, condo and renter’s insurance in Fort McMurray, so make sure you talk it over with an experienced insurance broker from Fort McMurray at Rogers.
Auto Insurance in Fort McMurray
Rogers Insurance in Fort McMurray offers a wide range of coverage options for car and motorcycle insurance at competitive rates. Here are some of our most popular coverages:
- Third-Party Liability – if you’re held responsible for an accident, this helps cover injuries caused to others as well as legal expenses if you’re sued. This insurance is mandatory in Alberta.
- Accident Benefits – this can help cover recovery expenses if you are injured in a collision. This insurance is mandatory in Alberta.
- Direct Compensation Property Damage – this can help you fix or replace your damaged vehicle following a collision, so long as you are not wholly at fault. This insurance is mandatory in Alberta. If you are partially at fault, this coverage will only cover part of the expenses.
- Collision – this helps cover repairs or replacement of your vehicle if you’re involved in an accident where you are at fault or partially at fault.
- Comprehensive – this can help cover repairs or replacement of your vehicle if it is damaged by something other than an accident, such as a fire, a storm, or theft.
- Loss of Use – if your vehicle is involved in an insured claim, you can get some funds to help cover your costs of public transit, taxi or a rental car.
- Rental Car – this coverage can help protect you when you’re driving rented vehicles.
- Ridesharing – if you participate as an Uber, Lyft or Turo driver, your personal car insurance likely doesn’t offer coverage unless you have this add-on.
RV, Boat & Toy Insurance in Fort McMurray
As a full-service personal insurance broker in Fort McMurray, we offer coverage for all your toys – RVs, boats, ATVs, dirtbikes, snowmobiles and more. Separate policies for these can save you money in the long run as you won’t have to make a claim on your home insurance. Separate policies also often offer better coverage as its specially built for a toy.
If you own an RV, boat, or other toys, contact us today to find out more.
If you’re escaping the cold Fort McMurray winters or taking advantage of the kids’ summer vacation to travel, make sure you’re protected with travel insurance. There are a few main types:
- Travel Medical – the essential part of insurance as it helps cover you for unexpected injury or illness while you travel.
- Trip Interruption – if you need to go home due to an emergency or something disrupts your trip, you may have help covering costs.
- Trip Cancellation – if you need to unexpectedly cancel your trip before you leave, this can help you recoup your costs.
- Baggage – if your baggage is lost, stolen, or delayed, this coverage can help you get the basic necessities you need or replace your belongings.
Most people don’t know that Alberta Healthcare doesn’t offer much coverage abroad – and medical expenses can escalate quickly. Travel insurance helps give you peace of mind when you travel with the knowledge you won’t be on the hook for huge medical bills or the cost of getting yourself home in an emergency. It can also help you get some money back if you’re forced to cancel a planned trip unexpectedly or deal with the headache of lost baggage.
Commercial Insurance in Fort McMurray
As a leading business insurance broker in Fort McMurray, Rogers Insurance can help you with all of your commercial insurance needs, for companies big and small. Here are some of your commercial insurance options in Fort McMurray:
- Commercial Property – protects your company’s premises, inventory, materials, and other property if it is damaged or destroyed.
- Commercial General Liability – if someone is hurt or has their stuff damaged while on your business’ premises, this coverage can cover you.
- Professional Liability – if you provide professional services or advice in Fort McMurray, this coverage can help protect you if you’re sued for causing financial loss to a client.
- Product Liability – if you manufacture or sell products, you can be held liable if that product hurts someone or damages their property. This coverage can help protect you.
- Cyber Liability – if your company is the victim of a cyber-attack or data breach, this coverage can help you recover.
- Business Interruption – if your business is forced to shut down due to a mandatory evacuation or an insured claim, this insurance provides funds to help pay essential bills and may help you temporarily relocate.
- Equipment Breakdown – if your essential equipment breaks down, this coverage can help cover those repairs or replacements.
We offer many more options for your Fort McMurray insurance. There are also specialized options available for certain industries. Here are the main ones wer serve in Fort McMurray:
- Auto Dealership
- Aircraft & Aviation
- Industrial Insurance
- Oil & Gas Insurance
- Hospitality & Special Events Insurance
- Information Technology Insurance
- Manufacturers Insurance
- Non-Profit Insurance
- Real Estate & Property Management Insurance
- Sports & Leisure Insurance
- Retail Business Insurance
- Construction Insurance
- Trucking & Transport Insurance
Don’t worry if your industry isn’t listed above – simply contact us and we can discuss your insurance options in Fort McMurray.
Our insurance brokers in Fort McMurray have exceptional insurance knowledge and industry expertise. They have access to nearly 100 insurance markets to find you the right Fort McMurray insurance coverage for your company. Rogers also offers risk management services to help you better protect your business (and potentially lower your rates for insurance in Fort McMurray, too)
How much does insurance cost in Fort McMurray?
How much your insurance in Fort McMurray will cost depends on many different factors, starting with the type of insurance you’re buying.
Let’s look at home insurance as an example. Here are some of the influences on your home insurance premiums in Fort McMurray:
- Your insurance and claims history
- Your credit rating
- Your demographics
- The frequency of natural disasters
- The crime and claim rate of your neighbourhood
- If you have a pool or trampoline
- How close your home is to hazards like a river
- How far away the nearest fire station and fire hydrant are
- Your home’s construction (material it’s made of)
- Your home’s age
- The type and age of your home’s roof and systems (heating, plumbing and electrical)
- If you operate a business in your home
- The value of your home’s contents
- The cost of rebuilding your home
Your Fort McMurray insurance premiums will depend on how “risky” you are to insure. That’s why it’s a good idea to get quotes from different insurers – each one may determine your risk level differently. A Rogers Insurance broker in Fort McMurray can help get this done for you.
Working with Rogers Insurance in Fort McMurray
Rogers Insurance was established right here in Alberta in 1977 and has since made a name for itself as one of Canada’s leading independent brokerages. We believe in superior customer service through a hands-on, human-first approach to insurance in Fort McMurray and the rest of Alberta – a difference you’ll notice from the start.
We attract the best staff by being one of Alberta’s Top Employers and actively engage in professional development so that your brokers truly are the best in Fort McMurray, Alberta, and Canada. Whether you’re looking to protect your home, your business, or both, they’re here to help.
Here’s what we can do for you:
- Help you determine your Fort McMurray insurance needs.
- Carry out research and price shopping on your behalf.
- Deliver competitive insurance quotes for Fort McMurray residents.
- Provide you with expert advice on your insurance in Fort McMurray, or wherever you are.
- Advocate for you and help you with the claims process.
We also offer a 24/7 self-serve web portal and mobile app that gives you access to your insurance in Fort McMurray whenever and wherever is convenient for you. You can view policy documents, print pink cards, request changes, submit claims, and more.
Finding the right insurance in Fort McMurray – or anywhere – can be confusing. With so much information out there, how do you know where to start? Contact us to request a quote for your Fort McMurray insurance – online, over the phone, or in-person at our office.
What We Offer
Fort McMurray Business Liability
Fort McMurray Professional Liability
Fort McMurray Enterprise Risk Management
Fort McMurray Bonding & Surety
Fort McMurray Heavy Equipment
Fort McMurray Cyber Liability
Fort McMurray Oil & Gas
Fort McMurray Concrete & Industrial
Fort McMurray Manufacturing
Fort McMurray Real Estate