Fort McMurray Car & Auto Insurance: What You Need to Know
If you’re looking for the best Fort McMurray car insurance, Rogers Insurance can help. A trusted auto insurance broker in Alberta since 1977, our experienced, professional car insurance brokers in Fort McMurray can help you find the policy that works for your needs and budget. We’re 100% independent and employee-owned, which means we work for you, not an insurance company. We have access to a large number of markets which means you get truly competitive Fort McMurray car insurance quotes and a choice in your coverage.
Experience the difference with Rogers Insurance yourself by filling out the online form below, giving us a call, or stopping by our Fort McMurray office to request a quote and discuss your options for auto insurance in Fort McMurray.
If you’re ready to learn more about how car insurance in Fort McMurray works, we’ve got the full details below.
Car Insurance in Fort McMurray: A Quick Guide
- Your vehicle’s year, make, and model – this impacts how costly your vehicle is to repair and the likelihood of theft and accidents.
- Your vehicle’s value – The purchase or MRSP price will affect your premiums.
- Modifications and changes to your vehicle – modifications often impact your vehicle’s car insurance rates. For example, adding a security feature can lower your car insurance premiums in Fort McMurray, but installing a lift kit on your truck can increase them.
- Your personal driving record – the number of tickets and their severity directly impact your premiums – a single speeding ticket can increase your rates 10-30%!
- Your insurance and claims history – the longer you’ve been consistently insured and the fewer claims you’ve had, the better, according to insurers.
- Your demographics – Insurance companies use demographic statistics to determine car insurance rates.
- When you drive, how far, and for what purpose – how you use your vehicle impacts your premiums, just as when you drive and how far you drive in and around Fort McMurray. Generally, the more you drive, the higher your insurance rates because you’re statistically more likely to be involved in an accident.
- Your location – insurers look at the crime and accidents rates of your neighbourhood and city.
- Your car insurance options – this includes your coverages, deductible amount, and policy limits.
The final cost of your Fort McMurray car insurance will depend on the above factors and probably a few more – each insurance company calculates rates in their own way. That’s why it’s a good idea to get multiple quotes – and our brokers can help do this price shopping for you. They can also advise you on how you can lower your car insurance premiums in Fort McMurray.
Coverage Options for Car Insurance in
Why are you looking for auto insurance in Fort McMurray? Have you just purchased a new car? Are you looking for better-priced auto insurance? Do you know what your policy covers?
Here at Rogers Insurance, we offer a wide range of coverage options, whether you’re looking to fully protect a financed new vehicle or just need the basics to cover your daily driver.
In Alberta, it is mandated by law that all drivers carry third-party liability, accident benefits and direct compensation property damage coverages. But it’s important to clearly understand what these cover as well as explore optional coverages that you may offer additional protection. That’s why it’s important to discuss your auto insurance options in Fort McMurray with a broker.
Here are a few common car insurance options that we offer in Fort McMurray:
Mandatory Insurance in Fort McMurray
Third-Party Liability Insurance
This is government-mandated auto insurance that all Fort McMurray drivers must have. If you’re involved in a collision and are held responsible, this coverage can help cover injuries caused to others involved in the accident. It also helps cover your expenses if you’re sued after a collision.
If you are injured in a vehicle collision, regardless of who is at fault, accident benefits can help cover your additional medical expenses and related costs that are not covered by Alberta Health. This can include:
- Funeral expenses
- Reasonable travel expenses for medical care
- Medical expenses such as drugs, dental and medical professional services
- Reasonable funds to cover expenses during your recovery period
Accident benefits coverage is mandated auto insurance in Alberta—all Fort McMurray drives must have it.
Direct Compensation Property Damage
With this coverage, your insurer will cover repair or replacement expenses if your vehicle and its contents are damaged in a collision where another driver is fully or partially at fault.
Your insurer will provide a partial benefit if you’re partially at fault for the collision. In such situations, you will be required to cover the remaining costs—which could be covered if you have collision coverage.
Direct compensation property damage is mandatory in Alberta and was automatically added to all auto insurance policies on Jan. 1, 2022. Contact your Fort McMurray broker if you have any questions or read our direct compensation property damage frequently asked questions here.
Collision coverage protects your vehicle in the event of an accident where you’re at fault—or if the other driver is uninsured. It can help cover the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle if it is damaged during an accident.
Collision is an optional coverage in Alberta; however, if your vehicle is financed, your lender may require that you have this coverage in order to ensure their investment is protected.
Just like collision coverage, comprehensive coverage can cover some of the cost of replacing or repairing your vehicle if it’s damaged. However, comprehensive coverage protects your vehicle from many other causes of damage, including:
- Falling object (like a tree branch)
This isn’t a full list, but it includes some of the most common causes of damage to vehicles in Fort McMurray.
This coverage is often required by lenders if your vehicle is financed and is generally packaged with collision coverage.
Rental Car Coverage
If you use rental cars often or are worried about being properly protected while you rent, we offer rental car insurance for Fort McMurray drivers. This extends your car insurance to cover rental cars in the Us and Canada.
Loss of Use Coverage
If your vehicle is involved in a covered claim (such as a car accident), you can get some funds to help you get around while your car is being repaired or during the process of replacing it. You can use these funds on a rental car, public transit, or taxi services.
If you participate in ridesharing in Fort McMurray, your personal car insurance likely doesn’t cover you without this ridesharing coverage. Talk to your broker if you’re driving for Uber, Lyft, Turo or any other ridesharing company to ensure you’re protected.
While this isn’t a full list of what Rogers offers for auto insurance in Fort McMurray, it gives you a good overview of some of the options available to you. We’re happy to help you determine your car insurance needs and answer any questions you may have. Give us a call, stop by our Fort McMurray office, or get in touch online.
What is the average cost of car insurance in Fort McMurray?
Getting a car insurance quote in Fort McMurray is the best way to determine the overall cost you will be paying. For averages, see these figures:
- The monthly average cost of car insurance in Fort McMurray is $126
- The per month range for car insurance in Fort McMurray is $70 – $182.
- The yearly average cost of car insurance in Fort McMurray is $1,512
- The per year range for car insurance in Fort McMurray is $835 – $2,189
If you have any concerns over the price you are paying for your car insurance in Fort McMurray, Rogers’ brokers are the best people to talk to. We can help advise you on ways to save without slashing coverage.
Fort McMurray’s Best Auto Insurance Brokers
Why work with Rogers Insurance? We believe in a hands-on, human-first approach to car insurance in Fort McMurray, and everywhere else. You’ll notice the difference with our exceptional customer service. Our experienced and professional brokers are able to:
- Help you determine your Fort McMurray car insurance needs.
- Deliver competitive Fort McMurray auto insurance quotes.
- Advise you on your insurance, including how to lower your rates and answer any questions you have.
- Advocate on your behalf if you have a claim and help you through the process.
We also provide a self-serve option through our online portal and mobile app. You can view your Fort McMurray car insurance policy documents, print your pink card, request policy changes, submit claims, and more.
We’re one of Canada’s leading and largest independent insurance brokerages. We have access to many car insurance companies in Fort McMurray which means we can take care of the price shopping for you.
Since 1977, we’ve been a trusted Alberta car insurance broker. As an Alberta Top Employer, we focus on creating a business that prioritizes professional development and positive workplace culture. You’ll notice a difference in our customer service. Get the best car insurance in Fort McMurray by requesting a quote online, by phone, or come visit us at our Fort McMurray office.