Why Rogers is One of Canada's Best Home Insurance Companies
Home Insurance Coverage
While every Calgary home insurance company is different, most of them offer the same basic types of coverage:
- Physical Damage
- Additional Living Expenses
- Many also offer coverage for identity theft, spoilt food, and lock replacement.
Each portion of your home insurance in Calgary is subject to policy limits; talk to a Rogers Insurance home insurance broker in Calgary for what limit is right for your needs and budget.
Liability Home Insurance
This helps cover your legal expenses in the event you’re sued after someone is injured or has their property damaged on your property.
Your Calgary home insurance covers physical damage to your home and other structures such as decks, fences, garages, and sheds. It also includes protection for your personal belongings and furniture. Here are just some of the causes of physical damage often covered by home insurance in Calgary:
Additional Living Expenses
If you’re forced from your home due to a mandatory evacuation or insured claim, you’re eligible for a certain amount of funds to help with additional living expenses. This helps make up the additional expenses you absorb when you’re not living at home, including accommodation, transportation and food.
Fortunately, home insurance in Calgary is very customizable to your needs and budget. There are add-ons (known as endorsements) that extend your homeowners’ insurance to include certain types of damage, increase your policy limits (the maximum amount you’ll be paid in the event of a covered claim); ensure high-value items are covered, and more.
Getting the Most Out of Your Home Insurance in Calgary
A Rogers Insurance home insurance broker in Calgary can help you get the most out of your home insurance. Not only do we get you competitive home insurance quotes in Calgary, but we can also advise on choosing the right coverage based on your budget and needs. We’re also here to help if you need to make a claim, whether it’s for additional living expenses during a mandatory evacuation or after a fire has damaged your home or after a thief has stolen away with some of your belongings.
How to Get Home Insurance Quotes in Calgary
You can request a home insurance quote in Calgary online, by phone, or in-person with Rogers Insurance. We make it easy, quick and simple for you to get a competitive home insurance quote. The more information provided, the more accurate your quote will be.
Generally, home insurance companies in Calgary may require the following:
- Your address (postal code at the minimum)
- The material your home is built from such as brick, wood, concrete, etc.
- The age and type of roof you have
- The type of house you have such as a detached dwelling, townhouse, etc.
- The square footage of your home
- The age of your home
- The age and type of your home’s internal systems such as plumbing, electrical, ventilation and heating
- Additional features such as garages, decks, and pools
- The presence of damage prevention or detection systems
What Affects the Cost of My Home Insurance in Calgary?
All of the above information matters when it comes to the cost of home insurance in Calgary. Your Calgary home insurance premiums are affected by the following factors:
- Your home’s location. This determines how far you are from fire services, how far you are from risks such as bodies of water, the crime rate, and the severity and frequency of bad weather and natural disasters.
- Your coverage options. You choose your policy limits, add-on coverage, and deductible. These all contribute to your final home insurance costs.
- Your home and home’s systems ages, types, and construction. This can determine how likely it is that your home will be damaged.
- Damage prevention or detection systems. This can include backup valves, sump pumps, water alarms, burglar alarms, security cameras and lightings, and other systems that can help you prevent or detect damage. They can get you discounts on your home insurance.
- Your insurance history. How long you’ve been insured and your claims history impacts your homeowner insurance costs.
Every home insurance company in Calgary may calculate home insurance rates differently. Your home insurance broker in Calgary at Rogers will be able to help you understand your premiums and give advice on how to reduce them.
What is the Average Cost of Home Insurance in Calgary?
The cost of your home insurance in Calgary depends a lot on the factors listed above, but if you are looking for averages, we have the following figures:
- The monthly average for Calgary home insurance is $139.
- The monthly range for Calgary home insurance is $81 to $265
- The yearly average for Calgary home insurance is $1,670.
- The yearly range for Calgary home insurance is $980 to $3,183.
If you are concerned that these estimates may be out of your budget, discuss with Rogers’ expert Calgary home insurance brokers for advice on how to reduce your costs.
Getting a Calgary Home Insurance Quote with Rogers’ Expert Brokers
If you’re shopping around for Calgary home insurance online, you might find yourself bombarded by all the information out there. What are some of the best Calgary home insurance companies? Where can I find the most affordable home insurance quotes in Calgary? You might even be tempted to settle for the cheapest coverage you can find. Rogers’ Calgary home insurance brokers can help you navigate the tidal wave of insurance information and make sense of it all.
When you want the best Calgary home insurance coverage possible, Rogers is here to help. If you are looking for homeowner’s insurance quotes, our experts can secure you with competitive quotes from Canada’s best homeowner insurance companies. We’ll help you protect your home and your financial security. Get started with a home insurance quote in Calgary from Rogers today.