Calgary Home Insurance with Rogers Insurance
Rogers Insurance has been trusted as a Calgary home insurance for over 40 years by Calgarians. Why? There are a few reasons.
- We’re one of the largest independent home insurance brokers in Canada. We’re employee-owned, too!
- We work with the best Calgary home insurance companies, delivering competitive home insurance quotes to Calgary.
- Our home insurance brokers in Calgary are experienced and knowledgeable. Not only can they get you a home insurance quote, but they are also your insurance resource and your advocate in the event of a claim.
- We believe in a hands-on approach that ensures exceptional customer service.
- We provide risk mitigation advice to help you protect your Calgary home.
Whether you’ve purchased a new home in the beautiful city of Calgary or are examining your insurance options for your current home, Rogers Insurance can help.
Request a Calgary home insurance quote online, by phone, or in-person at our Calgary office. Home insurance doesn’t need to be complicated – we can help make it straightforward and do the price shopping work for you.
Why do I need home insurance in Calgary?
Home insurance isn’t required by law, so exactly what are you getting? Calgary homeowners insurance helps protect your financial security by helping you in the event of a catastrophe. Most people can’t afford to rebuild their home, replace their belongings, or cover the full costs of a lawsuit. Calgary home insurance helps you recover.
While Calgary is a fantastic city, it also has a lot of hazards. In the last decade, Alberta has suffered a number of catastrophic events, including severe flooding and wildfires. The city of Calgary also suffers damage from wind, water, and hail nearly every year.
There’s also the risk of someone suing you if they’re hurt on your property. Calgary home insurance can help you with the financial burden of such events.
What is covered by home insurance in Calgary?
Calgary home insurance helps reduce the financial burden of unexpected damage. This generally includes damage caused by:
- Fire (including wildfire)
- Burst pipes
- Wind and tornadoes
- Sewer backup*
- Overland water*
The perils marked with an asterisk generally require the purchase of add-on coverage (known as an endorsement) to your comprehensive Calgary home insurance package.
Many Calgary home insurance companies also cover or offer coverage for additional causes of damage. Talk to your Rogers Calgary home insurance broker for more details.
There are three main areas of coverage for Calgary homeowners insurance:
- Property damage.
- Additional living expenses.
As discussed above, Calgary home insurance helps with rebuilding your home and replacing your belongings after unexpected damage caused by a covered event (or peril, in insurance lingo). Generally, you will either get actual cash value (the market value, or original purchase price minus depreciation) or replacement cost (how much it would cost to purchase something equivalent or of similar kind and quality today). Your Calgary home insurance broker can help you determine which option is best for you.
Your Calgary home insurance also includes liability coverage. If someone is injured or has their property damaged while at your home, they could sue you. Your insurance could help cover the legal expenses.
Finally, most Calgary home insurance policies include additional living expenses. If you’re forced to leave your home temporarily due to a mandatory evacuation or after an insured claim, you can receive a limited amount of money to help make up the difference in your living expenses, including accommodation, transportation and food.
Many Calgary homeowner insurance companies also provide additional coverage for identity theft, spoilt food, and lock replacement. Optional coverages vary widely and can include:
- Service line coverage – helps cover the costs of replacing service lines within your property line.
- Bylaw coverage – helps cover upgrades to your home to meet current Calgary bylaws if it must be rebuilt after an insured claim.
- Extensions – ensure your special collections or specialty items like bikes are adequately protected. You can also increase your overall policy limits.
Your Rogers Insurance home insurance broker knows Calgary and insurance. They’ll be able to help you determine what coverage you need and get you the best Calgary home insurance quotes.
How to Get a Home Insurance Quote in Calgary
When it comes to getting home insurance quotes in Calgary, Rogers Insurance offers the best. Since we work a large number of Canada’s best home insurance companies, we deliver a choice of competitive Calgary home insurance quotes. Request a quote online, by phone, or come meet us in our Calgary office – all for free!
How Calgary Home Insurance Rates Are Determined
Calgary home insurance premiums can be frustrating. If you haven’t made a claim, why do your rates go up? It can lead you to choose the cheapest Calgary home insurance, but this isn’t always the best option. It’s important to balance your budget with adequate insurance coverage. Our Calgary home insurance brokers can help you with this, as well as how to reduce your insurance premiums.
Here are just some of the factors that influence your Calgary home insurance premiums:
- Your insurance and claims history.
- The type, construction, and age of your home and its systems. This generally determines how risky your home is to insure and how likely it is to experience damage.
- The location of your home. This determines how far you are from fire services, risks such as bodies of water, crime rates, and the frequency and severity of bad weather and natural disasters.
- Additional features of your home, such as a pool or garage.
- Your coverage options. This includes your policy limits, deductible amount, and what coverage you have.
- The presence of damage prevention devices or alarms. Things such as sump pumps, backup valves, water alarms, security cameras and lighting, burglar alarms, and other features can get you discounts.
Insurers may calculate rates differently. Talk to a Rogers Calgary home insurance broker to get competitive Calgary home insurance quotes and see how your current rates measure up.
Why Choose Rogers for Your Home Insurance in Calgary?
It’s easy to get overwhelmed when you’re looking for the best Calgary home insurance. There are so many options – how do you know you’re getting the best value for your money? Are you properly protected?
At Rogers Insurance, we’re employee-owned and 100% independent. That means we aren’t owned by an insurance company. Instead, we work for you. We have access to a large number of Calgary home insurance companies to provide you choice and competition.
Our staff is experienced and knowledgeable. As one of Alberta’s Top Employers, we focus on professional development and a happy workplace which translates into exceptional customer service for you. We help you determine your Calgary home insurance needs and continue to advise and advocate for you.
You want the best Calgary home insurance. At Rogers, we can help you get value for your money. Get a home insurance quote for Calgary online, by phone, or in person today and learn just how much we can do for you.