Why Rogers is One of Canada’s Best Home Insurance Companies
Your Trusted Home Insurance Broker
Homeowners insurance protects your most valuable possession – your home and all of your personal belongings. Whether you’ve purchased a new home or are looking for home insurance quotes for an existing home, Rogers Insurance can be your trusted home insurance broker.
Why Rogers Insurance? We’ve helping Canadians with their homeowners insurance for over 40 years. Our home insurance brokers are experienced, knowledgeable, and have a customer-first, hands-on approach to insurance.
We’re also one of the largest, independent, employee-owned home insurance brokerages in Canada. What does that mean for you as a homeowner? We’re truly independent and work with a large number of the best home insurance companies. This gives you competition and choice for your home insurance quotes and coverage.
A Rogers Insurance home insurance broker can help you with the following:
- Determine your home insurance needs
- Deliver competitive homeowners insurance quotes
- Advise and act as your personal home insurance resource
- Advocate on your behalf if you have a claim
- Aid in risk management for your home
Purchasing a new home is an exciting process. It can, however, also be complicated – especially when it comes to your home insurance. Having the right protection in case anything happens is important. Our home insurance brokers at Rogers Insurance can help make choosing the right homeowners insurance a lot more straightforward.
Request a home insurance quote online, by phone, or in-person.
Why You Need Home Insurance
Unless you can afford to rebuild your home, replace your belongings, or cover the expenses of a lawsuit, home insurance can help you recover after a catastrophe. It helps ensure your long-term financial security.
For example, if your home burns down in a fire, the cost of rebuilding and replacing your possessions could cost hundreds of thousands of dollars – or even more! Home insurance lessens the financial burden by helping you cover additional living costs, rebuilding or repairing your home, and replacing damaged belongings.
Another example is a lawsuit. Your home insurance can help cover legal expenses if someone is injured on your property and decides to sue. Let’s say someone was in your home and tripped going down the stairs. They end up breaking an ankle and decide to sue you. Your home insurance could help cover your defence costs, as well as settlements and awards.
Home Insurance Coverage
While every homeowners insurance company is different, most of them offer the same basic types of coverage:
- Physical Damage
- Additional Living Expenses
Many also offer coverage for identity theft, spoilt food, and lock replacement.
Each portion of your home insurance coverage is subject to policy limits; talk to a Rogers Insurance home insurance broker for what limit is right for your needs and budget.
Liability Home Insurance
This helps cover your legal expenses in the event you’re sued after someone is injured or has their property damaged on your property.
Your homeowners insurance covers physical damage to your home and other structures such as decks, fences, garages, and sheds. It also includes protection for your personal belongings and furniture. Here are just some of the causes of physical damage often covered by home insurance:
- Fire (including wildfire)
- Wind and tornadoes
- Burst pipes
- Sewer backup*
- Overland water*
- Ground water*
The causes of damage marked with an asterisk generally require the purchase of add-on coverage to your comprehensive home insurance policy.
Exactly what’s covered varies by policy and home insurance company. That’s why it’s important to talk to a knowledgeable home insurance broker.
Additional Living Expenses
If you’re forced from your home due to a mandatory evacuation or insured claim, you’re eligible for a certain amount of funds to help with additional living expenses. This helps make up the additional expenses you absorb when you’re not living at home, including accommodation, transportation and food.
Fortunately, home insurance is very customizable to your needs and budget. There are add-ons (known as endorsements) that extend your homeowners insurance to include certain types of damage, increase your policy limits (the maximum amount you’ll be paid in the event of a covered claim); ensure high-value items are covered, and more.
Getting the Most Out of Your Home Insurance
A Rogers Insurance home insurance broker can help you get the most out of your homeowners insurance. Not only do we get you competitive home insurance quotes, we can advise on choosing the right coverage based on your budget and needs. We’re also here to help if you need to make a claim, whether it’s for additional living expenses during a mandatory evacuation or after a fire has damaged your home or after a thief has stolen away with some of your belongings.
How to Get Home Insurance Quotes
You can request a homeowner insurance quote online, by phone, or in person with Rogers Insurance. We make it easy, quick and simple for you to get a competitive home insurance quote. The more information provided, the more accurate your quote will be.
Generally, home insurance companies require the following:
- Your address (postal code at the minimum)
- The material your home is built from such as brick, wood, concrete, etc.
- The age and type of roof you have
- The type of house you have such as a detached dwelling, townhouse, etc.
- The square footage of your home
- The age of your home
- The age and type of your home’s internal systems such as plumbing, electrical, ventilation and heating
- Additional features such as garages, decks, and pools
- The presence of damage prevention or detection systems
What Affects The Cost of My Home Insurance?
All of the above information matters when it comes to the cost of home insurance. Your home insurance premiums are affected by the following factors:
- Your home’s location. This determines how far you are from fire services, how far you are from risks such as bodies of water, the crime rate, and the severity and frequency of bad weather and natural disasters.
- Your coverage options. You choose your policy limits, add-on coverage, and deductible. These all contribute to your final home insurance costs.
- Your home and home’s systems ages, types, and construction. This can determine how likely it is that your home will be damaged.
- Damage prevention or detection systems. This can include backup valves, sump pumps, water alarms, burglar alarms, security cameras and lightings, and other systems which can help you prevent or detect damage. They can get you discounts on your home insurance.
- Your insurance history. How long you’ve been insured and your claims history impacts your homeowner insurance costs.
Every home insurance company may calculate home insurance rates differently. Your home insurance broker at Rogers will be able to help you understand your premiums and give advice on how to reduce them.
Your Home Insurance Quote with the Best Home Insurance Brokers
If you’re shopping around for home insurance online, you might find yourself bombarded by all the information out there. What are some of the best home insurance companies? Where can I find the most affordable home insurance quotes? You might even be tempted to settle for the cheapest coverage you can find. Rogers home insurance brokers can help you navigate the tidal wave of insurance information and make sense of it all.
When you want the best home insurance coverage possible, Rogers is here to help. If you are looking for homeowner’s insurance quotes, our experts can secure you with competitive quotes from Canada’s best homeowner insurance companies. We’ll help you protect your home and your financial security. Get started with a home insurance quote from Rogers today.