Rogers Insurance is an Alberta Top Employer for the 15th Time
January 31, 2023
We are honoured to announce that Rogers Insurance has been recognized as one of Alberta’s Top Employers.
This marks Rogers Insurance’s 15th win in the annual competition which recognizes Alberta employers that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work.
“We continually strive to make Rogers Insurance a great place to work,” says Lindsay Scammell, Vice President of Human Resources. “We want our staff to feel valued, supported and heard – we believe that company culture needs to be nurtured and celebrated.”
Some of our 2022 highlights include:
- Mental health initiatives: Our Wellness Committee offered multiple mental health seminars for employees to learn how to manage stress in uncertain times and provided opportunities for staff to connect around mental health topics.
- Return to office: As we moved into the spring of 2022, we moved to a hybrid model of work with employees returning to the office for a minimum of three days a week. This allowed for enhanced collaboration, productivity and relationship building throughout the year.
- Giving: 2021 was our final year of working with the Canadian Legacy Project as our Charity of Choice. Based on employee feedback the Charity of Choice selection process was changed in 2022. We now support three charities for a two-year commitment. Rogers Insurance employees voted to support the Distress Centre Calgary, Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids and Inn from the Cold.
- Staff appreciation days: We were able to see the return of our Staff Appreciation Days which were paused in 2020 due to the pandemic. Each department was given a budget of $75 per employee and got to choose a team activity, some of which included a trip to an escape room, a swanky lunch and going bowling.
- Christmas party: This year we brought all our Alberta-based staff together for our annual Kananaskis Christmas Party in November. Over 500 people were there to celebrate employee achievements, tenure awards and recognitions for outstanding work.
You can learn more about why Rogers Insurance has been recognized as a Top Alberta Employer by clicking here.
About Alberta’s Top Employers
First published in 2006, Alberta’s Top Employers is an annual competition organized by the editors of Canada’s Top 100 Employers. This special designation recognizes the Alberta employers that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work. This year’s winners were announced in a special magazine published Jan. 31, 2023, in the Calgary Herald and Edmonton Journal. Read the press release for more background on this year’s competition.