Rogers Insurance Recognized as a Top Alberta Employer for 13th Time
Rogers Insurance is honoured to again be one of Alberta’s Top 70 Employers.
We strive to be the best employer in the insurance industry and are humbled to be recognized for the 13th time in this annual competition alongside other distinguished Albertan companies.
“Today’s honour of being recognized as a top employer was only possible thanks to our incredible team at Rogers Insurance,” said Lindsay Mather, Vice President, Human Resources.
“It’s important to our company to make each day as positive and enjoyable as possible, which was no small feat this past year. But our staff were quick to adapt and continued to support one another and find ways to safely have fun despite the challenges of the pandemic.”
This annual competition evaluates employers on how they support and engage staff as well as how they give back to the community.
Employers’ responses to COVID-19 was a prominent theme in this year’s selection criteria. The health and mental wellbeing of Rogers employees is always paramount, which is why we are supporting our staff through the pandemic by:
- managing company expenses in order to preserve jobs and even add new positions;
- initiating a swift transition to working from home, which enabled our staff to maintain a high-level of customer service;
- offering flexible work hours when schools and other service closures cause disruptions for staff and their families;
- enhanced cleaning and screening protocols to provide a safe environment for staff who choose to work at the office; and,
- regular communication through virtual town hall meetings, emails and requesting feedback on our response to the pandemic.
In particular, the Alberta’s Top 70 Employers selection committee honoured Rogers Insurance for its:
- Culture of Recognition. Rogers launched an online platform that makes it easy for employees to send and receive kudos for a job well done, a work anniversary or birthday. Points are assigned to each recognition, which staff can accumulate and redeem for gift cards, additional time off or charitable contributions.
- Culture of Giving. Rogers believes in giving back to the communities where we work. We support many charitable initiatives each year, including our Rogers Insurance Run for L’Arche to support Albertans with developmental disabilities. We encourage our staff to get involved by providing paid time off to volunteer and matching donations. Our employees donated approximately 6,000 volunteer hours on company time this past year.
- Culture of Achievement. Rogers recognizes that our staff have goals—both professional and personal. That’s why we not only provide continuing education opportunities, but also our unparalleled Dream Program that annually awards four employees with $10,000 to help them fulfill a lifelong dream.
“I thought it was already a dream to work for such a respectable company, but to be able to help my parents in their retirement means so much to me and my family,” says Mary Galman, a 2020 Dream Program winner who used her prize money to support her parents.
About Rogers Insurance
Rogers Insurance is one of the largest, independently owned insurance brokerages in Canada, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. We provide insurance services to individuals and businesses, representing virtually every sector of the North America economy. While our size, scale and capacity is national in scope, being privately owned and operated allows us to continue to take a more entrepreneurial and independent approach to servicing our clients’ needs. Learn more about why Rogers Insurance is being recognized as part of the 2021 Alberta’s Top 70 Employers here.
About Alberta’s Top Employers
First published in 2006, Alberta’s Top Employers is an annual competition organized by the editors of Canada’s Top 100 Employers. This special designation recognizes the Alberta employers that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work. This year’s winners were announced in a special magazine published January 26, 2021, in the Calgary Herald and Edmonton Journal. Read the press release for more background on this year’s competition.