What’s covered by Transportation Insurance in Red Deer?
What’s covered by transportation insurance will depend on your coverage options. For a comprehensive policy (everything we listed above), the following should be covered:
- Property damage to your company’s premises, equipment, furniture, raw materials, tools, inventory and more.
- Legal expenses (defense costs, settlements, and judgement awards) for accidental injury or property damage to third parties
- Legal expenses and accident benefits after a motor vehicle accident
- Property damage to your company’s fleet of vehicles
- Property damage or theft of the cargo you’re transporting
- Legal expenses related to being found liable for damage or loss of cargo you’re transporting
- Repair or replacement of essential equipment that suffers an electrical or mechanical breakdown
- Costs associated with crimes such as employee dishonesty and forgery (this can include replacing what was stolen or forged, investigation costs, and more)
- Expenses associated with a cyberattack including mitigation and recovery (this can include legal costs as well as fees related to data recovery, notification, reputation management, ransoms, and more)
- A portion of your income can be replaced if it is lost if you suffer a cover claimed or are under a mandatory evacuation to help you stay afloat during a tough time.
Exactly what’s covered will depend on your coverage options, individual policy, and insurance company. Policy limits, the maximum amount that will be paid out under a section or your entire policy, will also apply.