Red Deer Transportation Insurance
Rogers Stieg Transportation Insurance Ltd. Has offered comprehensive, effective and affordable transportation insurance to Red Deer businesses for over 30 years. We offer:
- Competitive Red Deer transportation insurance quotes
- Exceptional customer service
- Unparalleled claims experience
- Detailed client safety reviews
- Risk management services
Our Red Deer transportation insurance brokers are here to help you with your insurance needs. Whether you’re a Red Deer-based trucking company or commercial transportation is just one part of your business operations, we can find you the right coverage.
Who needs trucking and transportation insurance in Red Deer?
If your Red Deer business transports or is hired to transport raw materials, products, equipment or anything else, you should have transportation insurance.
Why does my business need transportation insurance in Red Deer?
There are several reasons your business may need transportation insurance:
- Your company has vehicles registered in its name.
- You transport your company’s materials, goods, equipment, and other assets.
- You’re hired to transport materials, goods, equipment, and other assets.
- You want to protect your cargo.
- You want legal support should there be a liability claim.
- You have specialized vehicles on the road (like an oversize trailer)
Transportation insurance can help you protect yourself financially should something happen. It can also provide you with legal, regulation, and reputational concerns.
What does a transportation insurance package include?
For Red Deer, we recommend transportation insurance packages include:
- Commercial Property – Protects your business assets including your premises, equipment, tools, inventory, raw materials, and more.
- Commercial General Liability – Can help cover legal expenses if someone is hurt or has their property damaged.
- Commercial Vehicle/Fleet – Covers the legally required third party liability and accident benefits coverage and can be extended to protect your fleet of vehicles if they’re involved in an accident or damaged in another way.
- Cargo Protection – Protects the cargo you’re transporting and can cover legal expenses if you’re found liable for damage or loss of that cargo
- Equipment Breakdown – covers the cost of repair or replacement of essential equipment if it suffers an electrical or mechanical breakdown.
- Crime Coverage – covers costs associated with crimes such as employee theft or dishonesty, counterfeit or forged funds, and more.
- Cyber Liability – covers costs associated with a cyberattack or data breach and helps your business recover.
- Income Interruption – if you have a claim or are under a mandatory evacuation, this coverage will help keep your operation afloat by covering some essential costs.
- Commercial Umbrella Liability – extends your liability insurance in the event of a large lawsuit.
The exact protection your business requires will depend on your size, operations, what you transport and more factors. Working with one of our transport insurance brokers in Red Deer will ensure you get the right coverage.
What’s covered by transportation insurance in Red Deer?
What’s covered by transportation insurance will depend on your coverage options. For a comprehensive policy (everything we listed above), the following should be covered:
- Property damage to your company’s premises, equipment, furniture, raw materials, tools, inventory and more.
- Legal expenses (defence costs, settlements, and judgement awards) for accidental injury or property damage to third parties
- Legal expenses and accident benefits after a motor vehicle accident
- Property damage to your company’s fleet of vehicles
- Property damage or theft of the cargo you’re transporting
- Legal expenses related to being found liable for damage or loss of cargo you’re transporting
- Repair or replacement of essential equipment that suffers an electrical or mechanical breakdown
- Costs associated with crimes such as employee dishonesty and forgery (this can include replacing what was stolen or forged, investigation costs, and more)
- Expenses associated with a cyberattack including mitigation and recovery (this can include legal costs as well as fees related to data recovery, notification, reputation management, ransoms, and more)
- A portion of your income can be replaced if it is lost if you suffer a cover claimed or are under a mandatory evacuation to help you stay afloat during a tough time.
Exactly what’s covered will depend on your coverage options, individual policy, and the insurance company. Policy limits, the maximum amount that will be paid out under a section or your entire policy, will also apply.
What’s covered by the property portion of transportation insurance in Red Deer?
The property portion of your Red Deer transportation insurance should include protection from:
- Aircraft or vehicle impact
- Electrical current
- Sewer backup*
- Flooding (overland water)*
- Other malicious acts
Those marked with an asterisk (*) are add-on coverages and may not be available in all areas or through all insurers.
How to Get a Red Deer Transportation Insurance Quote
To get a transportation insurance quotes in Red Deer, you can:
- Request a quote online
- Visit our Red Deer or Sylvan Lake office
Our experienced Red Deer transportation insurance brokers will ask you questions about your transportation business, including:
- How many employees do you have?
- What is your annual revenue?
- What do you transport?
- What is the value of the cargo you transport?
- What types of trips do you make (short-haul, long-haul, both)?
- What are your training practices?
- What are your safety procedures?
- What does your driver recruitment look like?
- What are the driving records of your employees?
- How many vehicles does your company have?
- What are the makes, models, and years of those vehicles?
- What is your maintenance schedule?
- What are your logbook procedures?
These questions may seem like a lot, but they’ll help us and the insurance companies understand your business to give you an accurate transportation insurance quote and protection.
Why work with Rogers Steig Transportation for your Red Deer transportation insurance?
You should choose Rogers Steig for your Red Deer transportation insurance because:
- We’re independent. We work for you, not an insurance company.
- We’re experienced. Our Red Deer transportation insurance brokers have decades of insurance experience as well as unparalleled claims expertise.
- We’re knowledgeable. Our staff undergoes continual training to ensure you’re getting the most up-to-date advice.
- We’re local. We began in Alberta in the 1970s and have been providing transportation insurance to Red Deer businesses ever since.
- We provide exceptional customer service. We believe in a human-first approach to insurance and our customer service is second to none.
See for yourself how Rogers can help you. Request a transportation insurance quote in Red Deer today!