A human approach to insurance
Get Hassle-Free Personal Insurance with Rogers
We understand you are busy; if you give us your information, we will contact you
Did you know that Rogers specializes in personal insurance? We’ve been trusted personal insurance brokers for over 40 years. Since we’re independent and employee-owned, we work with a large number of personal insurance companies to provide choice and competitive personal insurance quotes.
We provide personal insurance for:
- Your home, condo or rental unit
- Your vehicle(s), including motorcycles
- Your RV, boats, ATVs and other toys
- Travel, including travel medical, trip interruption, trip cancellation and lost baggage
- Additional liability protection
We also provide life insurance and benefits insurance for your personal needs. Get your personal insurance quote online, by phone, or in-person.
Why Do I Need Personal Insurance?
Personal insurance helps reduce the financial burden after an unexpected event. It can help you recover and protect your long-term financial security.
Here are a few reasons you may require personal insurance:
- Your mortgage lender or vehicle financer requires comprehensive home insurance to protect their financial investment.
- Your province has a legally required minimum for third-party liability car insurance.
- You can’t pay out of pocket to rebuild your home, replace your belongings, repair your car, or cover medical expenses abroad.
- You want to protect your recreation time by helping to cover costs of repairs or replacement if something happens to your ATV, boat, RV or another toy.
- You want to provide for your family in case something happens to you.
- You need additional benefits coverage such as dental or drug.
- You want peace of mind with the knowledge you’ll have help in the event of a catastrophe.
You can discuss your personal insurance needs with one of Rogers Insurance’s personal insurance brokers. They can help you determine what coverage you need that also fits your budget.
Personal Insurance Products
Here’s a quick overview of the different personal insurance products offered by Rogers Insurance.
Home, Condo, and Renter Insurance
A key part of your personal insurance, your home insurance provides three main areas of coverage:
- Third-Party Liability – if someone is hurt or has their property damaged at your home, they can sue. This can help cover your legal expenses if this happens.
- Property Damage – if your home or personal belongings are damaged, this coverage can help you rebuild.
- Additional Living Expenses – if you’re forced from your home temporarily due to a mandatory evacuation or an insured claim, this can help cover the extra expenses you may have.
Identity theft, lock replacement, food spoilage and other coverages can also be included. Exactly what is covered in your policy will depend on your insurance company and coverage options. A good personal insurance broker can help you understand your insurance and determine what is essential coverage for you.
If you own a condo or a rental unit, your insurance is similar – the main difference is that the structure of your home isn’t covered (since a condo master policy or your landlord’s insurance would protect that part). This is affordable insurance and it is essential as a master condo policy or a landlord’s insurance would not cover your liability, additional living expenses, or damage to your stuff.
This type of personal insurance has many options:
- Third Party Liability & Accident Benefits – this can help cover the costs associated with bodily injury and property damage to someone else, such as if you were at-fault in an accident. Each province has a mandatory minimum for liability insurance.
- Collision – this coverage helps cover the costs of repairing or replacing your vehicle if it’s involved in a collision.
- Comprehensive – this helps cover repairs or replacement of your car due to other causes of damage, including fire, storms, or theft.
- Loss of Use – if your vehicle is involved in a covered claim, you will have some funds for alternative transportation including a rental vehicle, transit, and taxis.
- Rental Car – if you rent cars frequently or want to ensure you’re protected when driving them in Canada and the United States, this coverage extends your personal car insurance coverage to rental cars.
- Ride-Sharing – if you participate as a ride-sharing driver, this coverage helps protect you (normally, if you use your car for commercial purposes your personal insurance policy won’t cover it)
There are many more choices for your car insurance. A personal insurance broker can help explain your options.
Leisure & Lifestyle
This personal insurance includes all of your “toys” such as ATVs, boats, RVs, and snowmobiles. Generally, this coverage includes two parts:
- Liability – in the event someone gets hurt or has their property damaged, you could be held liable.
- Property Damage – if your boat or RV is damaged, this coverage can help with the costs of repair or replacement.
There are also many specialized coverages available for these toys. For example, if you go to the US frequently with an RV, you’ll want additional protection. Talk to a personal insurance broker here at Rogers for more details.
Travel insurance can include:
- Travel medical – helps cover your emergency medical costs abroad, sometimes including transportation to medical facilities or back home.
- Trip interruption – if something happens during your trip where you are delayed or need to return home, this can help you out.
- Trip cancellation – if you need to cancel your trip before you leave, this coverage can help reimburse you.
- Lost or delayed baggage – this can provide some funds to get the necessities if your baggage is delayed or help you replace what was lost.
These can all generally be purchased separately or as part of a package. As these costs can add up quickly, travel insurance is a great idea. Find out more from a Rogers personal insurance broker today!
Sometimes, you need additional liability protection. This type of coverage extends your liability protection or takes over after other liability coverage is exhausted.
Life and Benefits
If your employer doesn’t offer benefits coverage or you want to ensure your family is helped if something happens to you, talk to a Rogers personal insurance broker. We work with a number of Canada’s largest life and benefits insurance companies. Together, we can determine your needs and budget and find you proper protection.
How Are Personal Insurance Rates Determined?
Every insurance company calculates personal insurance rates in a different way. Each type of personal insurance is determined by factors that are sometimes dependent on you as an individual, your car, your house, et cetera… and sometimes determined by factors that we cannot control.
Here are a few examples of how personal insurance rates are determined:
Home Insurance Rates
There are many factors that go into determining your home insurance rates, including:
- The material your home is built out of
- The age of your home
- The age and material of your roof
- The age and type of your home’s systems including plumbing, electrical and heating
- Your home’s proximity to potential hazards, such as large bodies of water
- Your area’s claims and crime rates
- The frequency of natural disasters in your area
- Any modifications or upgrades you have made to your home
- Security or damage detection or prevention systems you have installed
- Your coverage options
- Your insurance and claims history
Learn more about our home insurance coverage.
Car Insurance Rates
Your auto insurance premiums are influenced by the following factors:
- The make and model of your vehicle
- The crime rates and claims frequency in your area
- What your daily commute is like
- Your driving record
- Your insurance and claims history
- Security systems in your vehicle
- Your coverage options
Always notify your personal insurance broker about any changes you may have made to your vehicle, including how you use it. Also, discuss with your broker the benefits of bundling your home and auto insurance.
Life Insurance Rates
Here are a few of the ways your life insurance rates are calculated:
- Your age
- Your gender
- If you are a smoker
- Your overall health, including such records as your height and weight, your cholesterol, blood pressure, and other major components.
- Your driving record
- Your occupation
- Your typical lifestyle
- Your family’s medical history
- General population statistics
Of course, exactly how your life insurance rates are determined will depend on the type of life insurance policy and the insurance company you partner with. A personal insurance broker can help find you the right plan to protect your family.
Why Choose Rogers as Your Personal Insurance Brokers
Having a broker at your side can help in many instances when it comes to insurance. Not sure what your policy covers? Ask your broker. Need help getting your claim settled? Your broker can help. Using the expertise of a personal insurance broker can help you make the right decisions and save you money.
Rogers Insurance personal insurance brokers are some of the best in the industry because of our emphasis on continued professional development and providing truly great customer service. Our brokers are experienced and knowledgeable. Here are just a few things they can do for you as your personal insurance broker:
- We’re 100% independent and our insurance brokers uphold a principle of utmost proper ethics. They will always put your interests first before anything else so you can buy with confidence in knowing that the coverage they recommend is the one that is right for your interests.
- We work with a wide variety of personal insurance companies, giving you a choice with your coverage and competitive personal insurance quotes.
- We are your insurance resource. We can help you determine what coverage you need, how to save on your premiums, and answer any of your insurance-related questions. We’re also great at helping with risk management!
- If you have a claim, we’re your advocate.
- We provide 24/7 access to your insurance with our online portal and mobile phone app.
Get a Personal Insurance Quote with Rogers
Whether you’re looking for a single personal insurance product or a combination, get your personal insurance quote with Rogers. We are independent brokers, meaning we work with a large number of different insurance companies. We can find you the coverage that works – and our personal insurance quotes are competitive.
Get a personal insurance quote online, by phone, or come meet us in person.
"Rogers Insurance has provided flawless service and expertise to Noralta Lodge for many years. Their partnership has helped us reduce our risk through our growth and expansion as a company, allowing us to focus on what matters most, our clients and our business."Neil Matheson VP, Finance - Noralta Lodge
At Rogers we service all insurance needs for personal as well as commercial. For commercial insurance we work with each industry specifically. We also are here to handle all your high net worth needs from your beautiful sail boat to that vintage car you love.Rogers' Team
"Great partnerships create great solutions. The expertise, innovation and education Rogers Insurance provides our staff and clients is invaluable to our business."Michael Holmes, President & Chief Operating Officer
Through all our divisions and branches, we work extra hard to maintain our clients and it shows with our retention rate. Fitting you with the right coverage takes years of experience and a great deal of knowledge. Our experienced team works for you.Rogers' Team
"We've used Rogers Insurance's technical staff since our inception to manage our risk & insurance profile. As we expanded & entered new markets, they provided creative & cost effective solutions. They've always provided excellent service & advice. "Len Cornez, CFO - BOS Solutions
With that many policies written under our belts, and more than 4,400 of those policies written in the last year; there is no question we have the experience you need. We work as your insurance advocate and will support you when things don't go as planned.Roger's Team