Dental Health Insurance
Dental health insurance is an excellent addition to any corporate benefits plan. This valuable coverage is attractive to current and potential employees and contributes to general health and wellness.
Rogers Insurance can help you design a dental health insurance plan that works for your company’s needs and budget. How?
- We’re independent.
- We’re knowledgeable.
- We’re experienced.
Get a dental insurance quote today from one of our professional dental insurance brokers.
What are the benefits of a dental insurance plan?
Here are some benefits of offering a dental insurance plan for your employees:
- Be more competitive in the job market
- Add value to current employees
- Contribute to improved health and wellness
Do I need to offer dental insurance as an employer?
You are not legally required to offer dental insurance to employees. However, offering dental as part of your group benefits plan can help add value to your current and potential employees.
Do most employers offer dental insurance in Canada?
Many employers offer dental insurance in Canada; it is eclipsed only by medical insurance.
How much does a dental insurance plan cost?
The cost of a dental health insurance plan depends on a few factors:
- The number of individuals on the plan
- The company versus employee payment of the plan
- The coverage offered in the plan
- If the plan is packaged with other insurance (I.e. health, drug, vision, and life insurance)
How much employers pay for dental insurance will, therefore, depend on their individual plan and situation. Our dental insurance brokers can help you get the coverage that works for your business’ needs and budget.
What is covered by a dental insurance plan?
Dental insurance can help cover:
- Dental exams and diagnostics
- Cleaning (scaling, polishing, fluoride)
- … and more.
There are different levels of dental insurance plans available. There are also generally limits on the dollar amount per procedure or over a particular time period.
Generally, dental insurance plans cover 50-90% of the fees (the rest are covered by the employee out of pocket or by a partner or family member’s plan). If the dentist you visit charges above the Alberta Dental Schedule/Fee Guide, you may not have total coverage.
How much does it cost to go to the dentist without insurance?
The cost of visiting a dentist without insurance depends on the procedure. For example, the Alberta guide for dental fees include:
- The cost of an exam is $67 – $105
- The cost of a single x-ray can be $27 – $88
- The cost of cleaning (polishing, scaling and fluoride) is around $224 (but can be higher or lower, depending on the amount of time required for the cleaning)
- The cost of a filling is $136 to $250 per filling
- The cost of a crown is $206 to $825 per crown
- The cost of a single basic root canal starts at $662
- The cost of dentures starts at $810
- The cost of retainers start at $438
- The cost of extraction is between $134 and $242
These prices are just to give an example of the expense of visiting a dentist if you had to pay out of pocket. These fees are reviewed each year and individual dentists may charge higher fees.
Are fillings covered by dental health insurance?
Yes, fillings are generally covered by dental insurance. However, you may be limited on how many procedures are covered or the dollar amount that is covered.
Is emergency dental care covered by dental insurance plans?
Emergency dental care may be covered by a dental insurance plan. There may be a limit on the dollar amount that is covered and there may also be a geographical limit (I.e. you’re covered in Canada but not in the United States). This will depend on your individual plan.
Is preventative care covered by dental health insurance?
Yes, preventative care is covered under dental health insurance. There may be a limit on the dollar amount and the number of preventative procedures covered each year.
Do I need dental insurance to see a dentist?
No, you do not need dental insurance to see a dentist. However, you will pay the costs out of pocket.
Which is the best dental insurance?
The best dental insurance is the plan that fits your company’s needs and budget. Work with one of our dental insurance brokers to find the right plan for you.
How do I get a dental insurance plan?
If you’re interested in a dental insurance plan, talk to one of our dental insurance brokers. They can help you find the right coverage within your budget and get you a competitive dental insurance quote.
Why should I work with Rogers Insurance for my company’s dental insurance?
Work with Rogers Insurance to ensure you offer a competitive, comprehensive dental insurance plan as part of your group benefits.
Here are a few reasons you should partner with Rogers:
- We’re independent. As an independent insurance broker, we work for you, not an insurance company.
- We’re experienced. Our dental insurance brokers have decades of experience in dental and group benefits coverage.
- We’re knowledgeable. Our staff undergoes ongoing professional development to ensure they’re delivering the most up-to-date knowledge to our clients.
- Exceptional customer service. We’re here for you – to answer all your questions, to help you through the claims process, to aid in plan management, and to find you the best dental insurance rates and coverage. We believe in a human-first approach to insurance and you’ll notice the difference.
Contact us today for a dental insurance quote or to speak to a broker about this protection.