Rogers Insurance Recognized as a Top Alberta Employer for 14th Time
Rogers Insurance is honoured by today’s announcement that we have been recognized again as one of Alberta’s Top Employers.
This marks Rogers Insurance’s 14th win in this annual competition, which evaluates employers on how they support and engage staff as well as how they give back to the community.
“The Alberta’s Top Employers competition holds us to a certain standard and pushes us to be better,” said Lindsay Mather, Vice President of Human Resources. “While we are always adopting new strategies to improve, this year’s recognition demonstrates that we provide a distinct workplace culture that sets us apart from the pack.”
Rogers Insurance is proud to offer an engaging, respectful and supportive corporate culture that is committed to our employee’s professional success and personal wellbeing.
“We prioritize making every effort to ensure our people are happy and engaged,” said Mather. “In turn, our staff elevate our culture and make Rogers Insurance a great place to work.”
Some of our 2021 workplace culture highlights include:
- Health: The health and wellbeing of our staff is critical. So, we again hosted a private seasonal flu clinic in our Calgary office for our staff and their families.
- Activity: We believe it’s important to provide our staff with the opportunity to take a break from their work to be active. So, we purchased a Peloton bike and five e-scooters for our Calgary office.
- Social Connection: We continued to provide a variety of safe ways for our staff to connect and have fun. This included the return of our outdoor Broker Ball slow pitch game as well as various virtual initiatives.
- A Dream Come True: We were excited to bring back our Rogers Insurance Dream Program, which we paused in 2020 in order to preserve jobs during the economic uncertainty of COVID-19. This annual program awards four randomly selected employees with up to $10,000 to fulfill a once-in-a-lifetime experience of their choosing.
- Giving: The 2021 Rogers Insurance Run for L’Arche was hosted as a virtual race and saw participants from across Canada and even as far as New York and Seoul, South Korea. The event raised $50,000. To date, the Rogers Insurance Run for L’Arche has raised over $550,000 to support L’Arche Calgary, which provides a supported independent living facility and programming for people with developmental disabilities.
You can learn more about why Rogers Insurance has been recognized as a Top Alberta Employer here.
About Rogers Insurance
The Rogers Insurance Group is one of the largest independent, employee-owned brokerages in Canada. Our group of companies has access to more than 100 global insurance companies and specialty underwriting facilities. This unparalleled market access allows us to leverage the best insurance and risk management solutions for our clients across Canada — individuals and businesses who represent virtually every sector in the North American economy.
About Alberta’s Top Employers
First published in 2006, Alberta’s Top Employers is an annual competition organized by the editors of Canada’s Top 100 Employers. This special designation recognizes the Alberta employers that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work. This year’s winners were announced in a special magazine published January 25, 2022, in the Calgary Herald and Edmonton Journal. Read the press release for more background on this year’s competition.