After Six Years, It’s Time to Say Goodbye to Our Charity of Choice
2021 was the final year that we have had the privilege of working with the Canadian Legacy Project.
Every three years, Rogers Insurance employees in our Calgary office are presented with several charitable organizations and then vote on who they want to support for a three-year period.
After 13 presentations from organizations sponsored by our employees, the Canadian Legacy Project was chosen for our 2016-2018 and 2019-2021 commitment. In the first three years the Rogers Insurance team raised $105,000 and in the second three-year period the team raised $67,000 in support of the Canadian Legacy Project’s programs and service.
It goes without saying that our successes have been a direct result of our employees and leadership team’s support and contributions.
Some noteworthy past fundraising, volunteer opportunities and special projects have included:
- Collecting hamper items for the Veterans Association Food Bank for the months of November and December.
- Hosting soup taster lunches and selling Rogers Insurance calendars featuring employees’ dogs, cookbooks, books, and more!
- Participating in the Canadian Armed Forces and Hockey Canada’s Fun Kids event.
- Collecting starter items for each veteran at the Homes for Heroes Foundation. Each department at Rogers Insurance participated by donating items such as toothbrushes, kitchen utensils and packs of playing cards, to fill baskets with important items.
- Donating a large television, Bose speaker set up, a selection of books, DVDs and games for the Community Room at the Homes for Heroes Foundation in Calgary.
- Funding the first- and second-year’s spring set-up at the Homes for Heroes Foundation community garden.
- Hosting an annual Remembrance Day ceremony in our office.
- … and more!
While a bittersweet goodbye, we feel grateful to have supported a great organization and the opportunities it gave for our staff to come together in support of a great cause. Click here to learn more about the Canadian Legacy Project.
Rogers Insurance will be revealing our new employee-voted charity of choice in March 2022.
*Photos taken before COVID-19.