Next steps for people affected by flooding in Alberta
OPTIONS FOR REPORTING YOUR CLAIM
We want every Rogers Insurance client to move through the claims process as smoothly as possible. As your broker, we are ready to do whatever it takes to help, so call us first so we can get started. In situations like this we also appreciate that every client has unique needs and time constraints, so here are three ways you can submit your claim:
- Call Rogers Insurance and report your claim to one of our qualified brokers so they can start working on your behalf
- Download, complete and Email or print/FAX a Rogers Insurance Incident Report to our offices
- Contact your insurance provider directly to submit your claim
ROGERS INSURANCE INCIDENT REPORT FORM
If you haven’t already filed a claim, you can download the Rogers Insurance Incident Report Form and complete it electronically to get the process started. We have indicated the nature of the incident and the date of the incident on the form to ensure that we can move forward with your claim.
All you need to do is:
- Download the PDF form and open with Adobe Reader
- Complete the form and save it to your computer
- Email or print/FAX the form to Rogers Insurance
- A Rogers Insurance broker will follow-up with you
To help move the claims process along as quickly as possible, we have attached a list of insurance provider contact numbers.
If you would like to contact your insurance provider directly, you can find their contact number on the this list.
Disaster Recovery Program:
If your claim is denied, here is information for the Disaster Recovery Program.
The Disaster Recovery Program (DRP) provides assistance for losses and damage when insurance is not “readily and reasonably available.” The DRP have confirmed that residents who have been affected by recent flooding need to contact the municipality in which they were affected. The municipality will then apply to the DRP program on their behalf.
For more information on the DRP, please call 1-888-671-1111 or visit their website.
Overland Water Endorsement:
An Overland Water Endorsement became available to Alberta back in May 2015. To learn more about the endorsement, visit www.floodinsurance.ca